Sunday 14 October 2012

Nails!!!!

I was going through old pictures and saw I had loads of my nails. I've chosen a few pictures. Firstly of course its a French tip. Personally I'm not a fan of fake nails, the acrylic ones, or even acrylic nail polish. I think they would be too harsh on my nails. Plus painting your nails is so much fun and a great way to pass time! 

I would rarely do a standard French tip, I would always use a shimmery white polish or black. I was a frequent black tip nail polish person! 


I love a mix of French tip style and different colours. I think this look would be a bit tacky on me now, but when I was a teenager I loved it! Lots of different colours! No more than 3 though, I think that is a bit too much!

I loved doing diagonal contrast colours! Black and white used to be my favourite but I would do this one frequently. I haven't got the time or patience to do this any more but I thought it went great on a night out to match my clothes! 



I did different tones of the same colour too! I think this style looks best with lighter colours!

I'm next picture is of a marble effect. I found this nail tutorial on YouTube and had to try this! I had these nails during London Fashion Weekend. I did use three colours, blue, a shimmery white and purple. Unfortunately you cant really see the purple from the picture but there was hints of it. This was really messy to do but it looked great! There is loads of little tricks you can do to prevent your fingers from getting polish all over them. This took me a while to do but was also really fun! 



Polka dots are my favourite style do to currently. I find it so simple to do! I always do a clear coat to start with, I should try some variations in base colour but I do just love the polka dots. If I had longer nails and you can see the white tip obviously then I would put a coloured coat but I try to keep my nails quite short, especially because I'm sewing a lot since I've started uni again!


The picture above does have a packet of Jaffa Cakes in it. I took the picture because the packed opened in the worst, inefficient way ever! These are currently the nails I'm typing with!


No comments:

Post a Comment