Sunday 9 December 2012

Diesel Black Gold - Pre AW13-14


I have never been a huge fan of Diesel but I did like a few garments from their pre AW13-14 collection. With collections or photo shoots I do prefer the models to look the same or similar (I don't mind them looking like clones). A designer has such a specific audience when creating a collection or any type of product so consistency when styling for me is a must! I love how the model is always wearing the same shoes and how her pose is identical throughout the pictures. Even the way she holds the bag is the same.

I love the blue tone that darkens though the collection. There is a lot of leather, Figure 1 has a dip dye effect to the leather shirt and jeans. Figure 2 and 3 both have their jackets with contrasting material under the waist.  I love the mix with denim and leather. Figure 4 has leather sleeves and sides. Figure 5 has a huge zip on it, such a statement fasten! I love the blazer in figure 6 with the contrasting top of the shawl collar.

My favourite piece has to be the blazer. I am really expecting a lot of leather in the AW13-14 collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment