Sunday 28 October 2012

Hexagon prints and patterns

During the spring summer 13 shows I did see a lot of hexagon shaped prints and patterns. Unfortunately there was one designers dresses that I couldn't find, I think that is what I would have spoken about the most but I still have these ones.

The first three outfits are slightly different to the others, they aren't a traditional hexagon shape, they look a bit stretched down. The first two outfits create a pattern to make the shape in the negative space within the garment, where as the third outfit has an application of the shapes. They are in a very similar colour, this add texture to the outfit and subtle detail.

The fourth outfit has a pattern of the shape in sections across the garment, some are clear and some are coloured. I think this works well with the nude tone underneath.

The fifth outfit has the pattern all across the material and I think it also has clear sequins, so you can see the bright colour and it gives that sparkle. The sixth outfit looks like they have constructed hexagon shapes from a variety of material to make them into one large piece of fabric, then constructed a dress out of it.

All the outfits are from ready-to-wear spring summer 13 collections
Outfits:
1) David Koma
2) Gucci
3) David Koma
4) Marios Schwab
5) Jasper Conran
6) Jasper Conran

Images off Vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment