Friday 12 October 2012

Blazers/jackets

At University this semester one of my modules is based on Blazers and Jackets. I'm going though pictures I've saved from all the SS13 fashion weeks and keep seeing this one style of blazer. It is a simple shape but the collars a bit different, I cant remember the technical name for it. The collar and lapel are all in one and it just borders the sides and neck. Its a really simple blazer but looks really nice.

 The first picture is of the classic/simple style this type of blazer is in.

Mulberry Ready-to-wear SS13

Rebecca Taylor Ready-to-wear SS13
The Rebecca Taylor blazer has the one collar/lapel, it also has this zip detail under the lapel on the bottom half of the blazer.
Roberto Cavalli Ready-to-wear SS13
Christian Siriano Ready-to-wear SS13
The Cristain Siriano blazer has a slightly larger width in their lapels compared to the conventional size.

Just Cavalli Ready-to-wear SS13
I find the Just Cavalli lapels a bit different compared to the rest, it seems as if the collar and lapel are all one however their is this notch detail on it like conventional blazer, where the collar and lapel meet. 

Images are from Vogue

I wanted to do a quick search online for high street shops (in the UK) that have similar styes to these blazers. 
I looked into Miss Guided and Miss Selfridge (it really was a quick search)









A lot of high street fashion shops name it as "shawl" blazer. Collar resembles a shawl, I don't really think so, but I guess in the high street that is the closest it is too. 

I think this style of blazer would be great in the spring, unfortunately it has got a bit cold here for me to wear one now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment