Friday 19 October 2012

Leather Looks

I think we all can appreciate a good pair of leather pants!


Marissa Webb Ready-to-wear SS13
I keep seeing leather everywhere! I really like the look of leather in clothing for details. Especially in tailored clothes, jackets and blazers. 

Trussardi Ready-to-wear
In this Trussardi blazer they have the lapel and collar in blue leather. Generally you just see a contrasting collar but I like that they extended that to the whole front section.

I do really like the look of leather with a pant suit. The picture below has the model wearing what looks like a leather top. Its very different to the plaid fabric.

Derek Lam

Gianfranco Ferre 
Another tailored look. The jacket has a contrasting collar and arms. 

Leather dress styled with a blazer. There is always that mix of something tough, which you can always get with leather.  
Barbara Bui
Gianfranco Ferre
I love the angular shapes in this skirt. I mostly like how this thick leather belt is styled. They've given in a tight knot, it flows down really well and goes with the outfit. I think this has to be one of my favourite outfits from the Spring Summer 13 collections.


Mugler
I'm not sure if this Mugler skirt is made from leather, slightly looks like it. Even if its not I'm sure this style of skirt can be pulled off by using leather. This skirts really interesting. The curves slightly remind me of an armadillo.

The KTZ outfit is really different compared to the other. I love the top of this outfit, the cut outs in the material to make the detailing is something I love but also the skirt, the corset stings pattern on the skirt is something I haven't seen before.

KTZ
Nicole Miller

I love the mix of leather with sheer or light weigh material. I think its such a good mix. The structure with the leather and flow with the sheer!

The Bebe dress has a leather extended dropped hem. Something I've seen a lot of during the Spring Summer collections.

Bebe


Jason Wu 
Finally I have this dress by Jason Wu. I love the leather collar and then the sheer. The leather does continue down to the dress, on the collar stand, shoulder and some of the detail. I love the consistency throughout this look.

Leather and sheer really is a great mix!

All pictures are Spring Summer 13 Ready-to-wear collections, also all from Vogue.com



No comments:

Post a Comment