Wednesday 28 November 2012

2 Year Anniversary

Last Friday it was my 2 year anniversary with my Boyfriend. We went out at Covent Garden, London. I love it there around this time of year. All the Christmas decorations are up and its got such a Christmassy aura everywhere.

We also went here for our 1 year anniversary. It looks exactly the same, nothing had changed.

Here are a few pictures I took of Covent Garden


The reindeer had a knit scarf and hat. It looked really good. In the main square there are also huge baubles. I didn't take any pictures of them this year but here are two I took last year. They even had a few disco ball baubles.



I wore a Quiz dress that I got from Debenhams over the summer. It was on sale, got it for just under £20 I think. I am wearing a jersey blazer from Miss Selfridge - £30 and I was wearing peachy/nude pumps from Matalan - £12 and I also wore a polka dot coat - Miss Selfridge - sale £20! Such a bargain!




I also painted my nails nude. Nails Inc nail polish. I love the colour however nails inc nail polish takes forever to dry, I was in a rush and did mess up a few nails. As you can see from my pinky finger - a little mark. I wont be buying nails inc! 

My boyfriend plans our anniversaries. He is so wonderful and always chooses something I love. He kept what we did a secret until I saw him that evening. We went to a restaurant which is a part of the hotel, One Aldwych. The restaurant was Axis. The restaurant it self looked really nice, really big and such high ceilings.

My boyfriend got us a deal called Martini movies, its in association with Grey Goose. It is a Movie and then Dinner. They have their own private cinema room, fits up to 30 people.

We got popcorn and a drink when watching the movie. I got sweet popcorn and my boyfriend got salty. They taste great together. We watched 21 jump street, which is a good movie to see before dinner, you didn't have to concentrate too much and it was just a laugh. The drink I got was called, Le Fizz it has grey goose vodka in it and came with a Grey Goose shoot glass and a mixer, which had the Goose at the top. The drink was amazing and it did give me a good buzz for the start of the movie.




The dinner was okay. After such a good start the dinner didn't seem as good. Me and my boyfriend both didn't like our starters, I think that was because the meat was raw and we're both not huge fans of rare meat. (I do like my beef well done!) Mains were considerably better, I had the Cod and my boyfriend had the Duck. I really enjoyed it and the dessert was so good! I couldn't finish it. I had the Chocolate tart and my boyfriend had the almond cake, he is so much more healthier then I am. Other then starters the meal was very nice!

With Martini Movies they have a set menu with it. I think the food they have at Axis is really nice, It's a shame we were limited to a set menu!

They had special menus for us, which included pictures from the movie. Quite inventive and cool I think!

I took my menu home so here a few pics of it!



My boyfriend treated me to such a great evening and it was such a good surprise. It was a fantastic anniversary idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment