Friday 7 December 2012

McQueen Beez!

We all love Alexander McQueen! I think having a collection based on something that doesn't or barely relates to fashion is such a unique way to get ideas. When you're designing you have no idea where you will get inspirations from. I would love to be a designer one day so I am making the most of university and designing a range or small collection. I usually base my work on art, that could be due to my strong art background!

Alexander McQueen Label does this the best. I loved the SS13 collection and I am so excited for the AW13 shows!


Insect inspired, more specifically bee hive inspired! The shape of the honey comb is replicated throughout this collection.

At first I disliked the hats then as I went though the collection I really liked them. They look just like the ones a bee keeper would wear to protect his face. I am so happy that the hat is structured. The actual hats have more of a mesh coming down from them. I think the hexagonal honey comb pattern looks great here.


I loved the hard accessories and detail to the outfits. The model above wears cuffs. They look really stiff and the pattern/theme continues on to them. I love the colour of these accessories and features. They are such a dark gold, just like what pure honey looks like when you get it still in the pockets of wax. 


The outfit above looks like a cage to me. Even the background looks like honey comb! The picture below is very similar to the picture above. They both look like they're trying to cage their own body. The bee keeper uses the mask to protect himself. Is the outfit made to protect them or trap them like the bees?



I love the shoes throughout this collection. From head to toe they have really stuck to this theme and they have stayed very specific. Adding many different features to the outfits as well. Below the model is wearing a collar, still looking very stiff it also looks far more embellished than any of the other accessories. 







I love all these outfits. As elaborate as they are, they have unique features throughout all the different outfits. So many inspirations from one idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment