Monday 10 December 2012

Jason Wu Pre AW13-14

Once again leather inspired looks. I don't mean to keep choosing designers that are using a lot of leather but I just see it everywhere! I am currently into leather and I expect to see so much more. I find it hard to like an all leather outfit, it can be a bit too much but Jason Wu really does leather dresses justice. His clothing with leather details are great. I love the third outfit above, rarely do you see pockets on the outside of trousers but using a contrasting material like leather you can't go wrong.The first two outfits have garments with leather, styled with a stripe print. The second outfit has a knit top in the stripe pattern but I think the first outfit has the stripe pattern also in leather.  

I love the volume and shape you get with heavy weight material like the first and second outfit above. Emerald green is such a great colour for the winter season. The third outfit is a green coat with fur, still using leather detail. The collar and zip stand are both in leather and give the coat really great detail. So much is going on with this coat but it looks great.

I am so picky when it comes to leather dresses. Unfortunately some lower brands fake leather (pleather/leatherette) is very cheap so you really need to scrutinise when buying from a high street retailer. I am very blunt when shopping (its a bad habit) if something is awful I will say, however I don't say anything rude when it is not my taste. I only say bad things when clothing is badly made. My boyfriend said something to me that made me feel a bit more "positive" towards very fake cheap leather. I was shocked by this retailer's fake leather jacket and I did say out loud how cheap it looked, my boyfriend replied with "Its not cheap leather, just really good plastic!". I have a huge love for plastic and plastic clothing. I wish I had money to spend on a very expensive, great looking leather dress - but I don't so I choose very carefully! (little ramble over). 

Jason Wu has made some great leather dresses - shape and cut is on point, plus the dresses are the perfect length you cant go wrong with just above the knee. The third and fourth outfit in the picture above are party styles, leather and sequins is a great mix as well as leather and light weight material. Like the leather halter top with the soft bow. The leather on the fourth dress really structure the shape. 

Constantly talking about leather and my final outfit is of the mesh sequin dress. It slightly remind me of a mermaid. The sequins perfectly represent scales. It's covered in the right places and showing the right parts too, complimenting the models figure.  

I am trying to do a Pre collection post until fashion week, hopefully I stick with it. I may do a leather post about where you can get faux leather clothing at good prices. 

Pictures are from Vogue and edited by myself

No comments:

Post a Comment