Wednesday 26 September 2012

Bottega Veneta SS13

Bottega Veneta Ready-to-wear SS13
The Ready-to-wear collection from Bottega Veneta this year varied from style and shape, from feminine dresses to tough looking embellished vests. I love embellishments so I was instantly attracted to some outfits in this collection, however the detail is what made me love some pieces.

Bottega Veneta Ready-to-wear SS13
The collection started with very feminine dresses that look very comfortable to wear. They have simple shapes yet each of them have a unique detail. The first dress has gathers near the top of the dress and at a dropped waist line there is a band of flowers, which are the same print as the dress. The second dress has embellished outlines, the third dress also has an embellished dropped waist line.

Bottega Veneta Ready-to-wear SS13
Both these outfits have embellished and embroidery on the shirts. They're stitched embroidery with flowers and over the pattern they are embellished with, what looks like semi-circled shaped beads. There is also stitch detail on the collar. I usually don't go though the close ups when looking at fashion show pictures but I'm really glad I did in this collection, I saw so much more detail!

Bottega Veneta Ready-to-wear SS13
I love the embellished vests. The detail is really interesting. I don't know what type of material they've used to embellish but the detail up close is amazing. I edited this picture by enlarging the side view of the second outfit and then I copied that picture and enlarged it even more so you can see more of the detail.

Bottega Veneta Ready-to-wear SS13
I love the detail on the neck line of these dresses. I don't know how they're constructed but I think there may be something inside them, then it's stitched around the seal them in place. I would love to know how to make this detail. It gives a subtle texture to the outfit.

Bottega Veneta Ready-to-wear SS13
I love the later outfits in the collection. The material looks as if its stitched all over. I'm not sure if its a print or  if it actually stitched all over. The enlarged section is form the first outfit in this picture. The material has cut out sections to create the pattern and then it is stitched around the shape, like a border. This is probably to stop the material from fraying but it highlights the cut out detail in the dress. The second outfit in this picture has embellishments to create the harlequin pattern.

Overall I really liked this collection, I mostly liked the different types of embellishment and the small detail to the outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment